Bambous Assembly of God was founded in 1976 by Pastor N. Blackburn; the President of the Assemblies of God: Mauritius. It was the first Pentecostal church established in that village, and usually had meetings in an old cinema hall at that time. He ministered with one deaf man who came to the service and God miraculously healed him completely and it was from there that revival started. Today Bambous Assembly is a mother church and has 5 local churches in different villages. God is moving by his Holy Spirit with signs and wonders and new souls are added in the kingdom of God. Now Bro. Devin Rajiah is the senior Pastor of Bambous Assembly of God.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of Bambous Assembly of God is to build the Kingdom of God by persuading everyone we know to become devout followers of Jesus Christ, to help them worship God, to bring them into the life of the church, and to empower them in the Holy Spirit to bring others to Christ. (Acts 2.43-47, 6.1-3) God is doing an awesome work here, and we would like to invite you to join us, and be a part of the vision to reach the community with the message of Jesus Christ. Our Vision is…
Worship! Fellowship! Discipleship! Evangelism is their target.
About the Pastor
Devin was born and raised in Mauritius with no Christian background. In 1977 at the age of 18 he received Jesus Christ as his Lord and savior in a small Assemblies of God church in the Bambous village. After been born again and baptized in the Holy Spirit; he did street evangelization and loves to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the dying world. The journey from there included, roles as a youth pastor, worship leader, associate pastor, and in 1988 after 9 years of studying, he stepped out to be the pastor of Bambous Assembly of God as full time Pastor. He has a passion for the presence and power of God and is eager to bring people into a dynamic encounter with the Holy Spirit. He has a burning desire and enthusiasm for the church to be empowered by the Spirit and influence the community. He has a deep desire to reach people who don’t know God, and to encourage the church to worship at a heart level, calling them to return to their first love. The Father seeks for true Worshipers right one and worship releases power. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. He long to experience God and to allow others to see Him work. He believes this is one of the distinguishing marks of His people and a powerful help to those who seek Him. God’s manifest presence is a presence we can experience. It’s tangible. It’s something we can sense and It comes when God speaks, heals, delivers, and touches.
He married his wife Simla in 1989 and they all attend church and are a vital part of God’s work. She has a deep, quiet passion for God and a real love for anyone who is seriously hungry and thirsty for the Word of God. In July 1999 God open doors for them to be in America Illinois. They attended Dr. Hagin meetings in Tulsa, visiting Oral Roberts University, visiting the Assemblies of God Headquarters and went to Branson Missouri attending Joyce Meyers meeting. He has been blessed to have had the opportunity to minister the word of God in Rodriguez island, Zimbabwe, India and in USA. Most importantly, Pastor Devin is a servant of the gospel. He has a burden to restore hope, bring healing and deliverance through the word, to those of the local community and to the nations of the world.
Send an email to Pastor Devin
To God be all the Glory.
Statement of Fundamental Truths: The Bible is our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice.
- The Scriptures Inspire
- The One True God
- The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The Fall of Man
- The Salvation of Man
- The Ordinances of the Church
- The Baptism in the Holy Ghost
- The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Ghost
- The Church and Its Mission
- The Ministry
- Divine Healing
- The Blessed Hope
- The Millennial Reign of Christ
- The Final Judgment
- The New Heavens and the New Earth
1. WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind. 2 Timothy 3:15-17, 1 Thessalonians 2:13
2. WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God-revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity). Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19
3. WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine. Matthew 1:23, Hebrews 7:26, Acts 2:22, 1 Corinthians 15:3, Luke 24:39, Acts 1:9
4. WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin-ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world. Genesis 1:16-27, 2:17, 3:6, Romans 5:12-19
5. WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’(accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin). Luke 24:47, Ephesians 4:24
6. WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances-(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation. Matthew 28:19, 1 Corinthians 11:26
7.WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. Acts 1:4,8:1 1 Corinthians 12:1-31
8. WE BELIEVE… the Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is `Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles. Acts 2:4, 1 Corinthians 12:4-10,28
9. WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike. Romans 6:1-11,13, 8:1,2,13, Galatians 2:20
10. WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:22-23, 2:22, Acts 1:8, Mark 16:15-16
11. WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers-the Church. Ephesians 4:11,16
12. WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). Isaiah 53:4-5, James 5:14-16
13. WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope-When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. I Thessalonians 4:16-17, Romans 8:23
14. WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation of Israel will recognize and accept Him as the Messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind. Zechariah 14:5, Matthew 24:27,30
15. WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire. Matthew 25:46, Mark 9:43-48
16. WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’ 2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21,22
Our Vision is to empower the body of Christ so that it will be equipped to reach this dying world with the light of the Gospel of Christ. We believe that the most powerful mandate Jesus gave the church is found in Mark 16:15, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” We are committed to reach the lost, and serve the Body of Christ. Saving the Unsaved. Restoring Backsliders. Edifying Believers. Matthew 16:18, “I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.”
The purpose of writing out this Vision Statement for Bambous Church is to clarify our vision and to state our purpose in developing this Church. “Where there is no vision people perish.”—Proverbs 29:18. “Write the vision. . .the vision is yet for an appointed time.”—Habakkuk 2:2-3.
Our Vision and Goals are:
- Preaching, Teaching, Worship, Healing, Deliverance and Revival ministry.
- To help you take progressive steps of faith in your walk with the Lord.
- To help you experience the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.